Pages

Followers

Network

Ezine Arts at Blogged Bookmark and Share web counter
free web hit counter Subscribe to updates Signup to Bukisa, Get Paid For Publishing your Knowledge!Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines Ezine Arts - BloggedProperty management Surrey covered by JJ Homes I'm listed in Life & Lifestyle

My Widget

Search Ezine Arts

My Blog List

Sunday, November 8, 2009

CNN Heroes: Vote for Efren Penaflorida

Efren Penaflorida is one of the ordinary persons to be voted upon under CNN Heroes. Various campaigns were spearheaded for him to win CNN Heroes award. Efren mentioned in his interviews that he would use the money to help street children more in case they would win the award.


Here is the campaign:


For the past 12 years, Peñaflorida and his team of teen volunteers have taught basic reading and writing to children living on the streets. Their main tool: A pushcart classroom. Stocked with books, pens, tables and chairs, his Dynamic Teen Company recreates a school setting in unconventional locations such as the cemetery and municipal trash dump. Peñaflorida knows firsthand the adversity faced by these children. Born into a poor family, he lived in a shanty near the city dump site. But he says he refused to allow his circumstances to define his future.


"Instead of being discouraged, I promised myself that I would pursue education," he recalls. "I will strive hard; I will do my best."





You may vote until November 19, 2009.


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 

Diseñado por: Compartidísimo
Scrapping elementos: Deliciouscraps©